Our Firm Exclusively Practices Immigration Law

Supporting Employment-Based Immigration Visas

Individuals from outside the United States who wish to work in the U.S. have a number of potential options for lawful employment. Individuals may be eligible for a non-immigrant (temporary) or immigrant (permanent) visas.

A temporary work visa permits an individual to work for a company in the U.S. for a specific period of time (could be years). A permanent visa (green card) permits an individual to work permanently in the U.S. The eligibility, requirements, and the process for both temporary and permanent visas differ. Due to the lengthy immigrant visa process, companies usually seek temporary visas for employees first or at the same as they are seeking permanent visas.

Weinrich Immigration Law has decades of collective experience in helping employers and their employees navigate the maze of employment-based immigration. Our firm has been in business since 1959. We partner with our clients at each stage of the employment immigration process.

Temporary Work Visa Application Process

There are many different ways to obtain permission to work in the U.S. temporarily. The temporary work visas for an individual depends on many factors including, but not limited to, the individual’s education, training, citizenship, the company offering the employment opportunity, and the specific job offered.

Here is a list of the most commonly used temporary work visas which our office specializes in. Learn more about each one.

  • H-1B, Specialty Occupation
  • B-1/B-2 (Visitors for Business/Pleasure)
  • E-1/E-2 (Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor)
  • E-3 (Australian), Specialty Occupation
  • H-1B1 (Chile and Singapore), Specialty Occupation
  • L-1 (Intracompany Transferees)
  • O-1 (Extraordinary Ability)
  • P-1 (Athletes, Artists, Group Entertainers)
  • R-1 (Religious workers)
  • TN (Canada-United States-Mexico Agreement (formerly NAFTA)

The Granting Of Permanent Work Visas

Permanent resident status (also known as LPR status or a green card) can be obtained through employment. There are five preference categories. Some applications can be submitted by the individual and others require an employer.

The individual’s dependents (spouse and children) can also obtain permanent resident status through this process.

Here is a list of the most commonly used permanent work visas which our office specializes in. Learn more about each one.

  • EB-1
  • EB-2
  • EB-3 – Professional, Skilled, and Other Workers
  • PERM – Employer files with Department of Labor
  • I-140 Immigrant Petition – Company files with USCIS
  • I-485, Adjustment of Status –Individual and Dependent(s) File with USCIS or U.S. Embassy/Consulate
  • EB-4 – Religious Worker

Reach Out For Assistance

Our attorney is here to guide you through the process and help you achieve your goals. Schedule a consultation today with an experienced Seattle immigration lawyer. Contact us online or by calling 206-512-3597. We serve the Pacific Northwest. Se Habla Español.

Our firm also routinely handles family-based immigration matters.