Our Firm Exclusively Practices Immigration Law

Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Spouses

On Behalf of | May 26, 2015 | Immigration Law |

Effective May 26, 2015, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) will begin accepting applications for employment authorization for certain H-4 dependent spouses (spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants).

The H-1B nonimmigrant must have:

(1) an approved I-140, immigrant petition for alien worker; or

(2) have been granted H-1B extensions beyond the 6 year limit on their H-1B status

in order for their H-4 dependent spouse to apply for work authorization.

For more information, please click on the following link for the DHS’s announcement on the USCIS.gov website: http://www.uscis.gov/news/dhs-extends-eligibility-employment-authorization-certain-h-4-dependent-spouses-h-1b-nonimmigrants-seeking-employment-based-lawful-permanent-residence